Thursday 19 February 2009

A Fistful of Euros

A couple of tales from the Ibiza villa with no obvious connection.

I pay Jesús, my pool guy, twice a year. Because my bank doesn't have a branch in San Jose, I can only withdraw up to a certain amount of cash on my card each day. To pay Jesús, I need to make two trips to the bank. With me?

A couple of weeks ago I told him to ring me two days before he came to collect and not to come on a WEDNESDAY at 12.00 because I have a meeting every week at that time.

Needless to say, he rang me on Tuesday to tell me he'd be at our house on Wednesday at 12! Don't worry, it's all sorted now, ready for exactly the same thing to happen in 6 months' time.

We had a jaunt out to Santa Gertrudis today. We hadn't been for a couple of years and were eager to see the new pedestrianised street and square by the church. Lots of places were closed for their annual holidays and the town had the air of a Spaghetti Western about it.
Eagle eyed Villa Viewers may have noticed those high tension power cables crossing over the street? I couldn't fathom why the council and electricity company couldn't have shoved them through a tube under the road when they repaved it all last year?

No comments: