Sunday 17 May 2009

Ibiza: The Times they are A-changin'

They certainly are too! It's not often I can boast that I've actually been in an Ibiza place as recommended by The Times, but now I can.


Insiders' guide: Ibiza on a budget
The jetset may have pushed the prices up, but you can still have fun without breaking the bank. Six
island insiders show you how


Anyway, one of the places is Destino, just down the lane from us, and coincidentally, where we dined with my parents on Thursday night.

The old codger opined that he always feels like he's in real Spain when eating at Destino. The irony of his statement is that other than its position in a Spanish village and two waitresses who are Spanish, Destino could be in an affluent suburb of Frankfurt!

Its owner is German/Moroccan, its chef Brazilian, its customers affluent Boho northern Europeans and its food North African/Pacific rim fusion.

I like it very much! Allow €25 a person for a right good stuffing with wine.

No comments: