Wednesday 9 December 2009

Ibiza Shut Down

Monday and Tuesday this week were public holidays. This means that everything closed on Saturday at 1.30 pm and didn't open again until this (Wednesday) morning.

That's not quite true, all the bars and restaurants remained open so local folks could eat and drink all afternoon, but what kind of a holiday is that for them? They do it everyday anyway.
R Jaki, in England to see about having her eyes lasered, keeps ringing me, rubbing it in that she's got things to do - 'I'm in a shop. I'm at a Christmas fair. I'm at the till, paying for something.' and just to show her that there was life in Ibiza I drove 13 kliks to the throbbing metropolis that is Ibiza town to find something going on.

The emergency chemist on the Vara de Rey was open AND there was a queue of people in it!!!

No comments: