Wednesday 22 August 2007

Garden Invaders

Isn't it great when Spanish super efficiency and excellent customer service just occasionally work in your favour?

Coming back from our early morning walk today I spotted somebody pruning our olive tree. As I got nearer I saw that our garden was awash with men, cutting, pruning and generally tidying up. It was next door's gardeners who had unwittingly got the wrong house and started work without bothering to inform anyone that they were there.

Needless to say, they scarpered when they realised where they should really have been.

This little incident almost made up for the non-appearance of the guys who were supposed to be coming today to replace our boiler from the water solar heating system. Apparently the wagon with the crane needed to lift it onto the roof had broken down. As we've only been waiting since the first week in June another few days won't hurt.

This archive shot shows the old boiler and my new 2.4 metre dish being installed. I have nightmare visions of either the old or new boiler coming hurtling down from the crane right onto my dish or pergola. Should I worry about this?

No comments: