Thursday 24 April 2008

Improperly Dressed

Here in Ibiza you can pretty well get away with wearing whatever you want, whenever you want. In fact a full length mirror is considered a positive disadvantage when preparing for a night on the town or a trip to Syp. Eyelid batting only ever occurs when someone hoves into view wearing a tie - a sure sign that they're on their way to a wedding.

So, my standard attire of cashmere sweater, chinos and loafers is as uneyebrow raising as one can get. Until I went to Soller that is!

Base for a million cyclists and hikers, I had never before felt inadequate in the trouser department. With a mere 5 pockets my chinos were sadly lacking in storage space and unlike the cyclists, even if I had stored a large baking potato in them it wouldn't have shown.

And now a snippet from Viz
Last week my girlfriend finished with me saying that I was hopeless in the trouser department. How right she was because the next day I lost my Job at Marks and Spencer where I worked in the trouser department.

It's the way I tell'em.

No comments: