Thursday 29 May 2008

Ibiza Dining - Latin Style

Yesterday I'd had the mater and pater on fagging duties in the house and garden (I bet they really regret sending me to Eton) and as a reward allowed to them carry my cap and gown to Es Galliner where I treated them to a 3 course MenĂº del Dia. Great value at €10 including your drink.


We really did go Latin in our choice of food as first up we had Arroz a la Cubana, a dish from Latin America featuring rice covered in spicy tomato sauce with a fried egg and banana on top. Next up we feasted on baked Genypterus blacodes with potatoes and peppers.


Here's Genypterus blacodes - better known as Ling in English and Rosada in Spanish - before it hit the pot and the spot. Oddly enough the Romans never gave a name to the potato because they'd all died out before it was invented!

And to finish, here's one of my famous sitting at a bar videos. It's the Es Galliner gang in San Jose getting my take-away tapas ready.

No comments: