Sunday 1 June 2008

Stood Under a Bad Sign

I may have alluded in the past to Spain's poorly signed roads. I don't notice it so much in Ibiza because after 20 years I have a rough idea where I'm going. Today was a little different because I was in Ibiza's last resort, Cala Llonga, for only the second time.

Maybe it was because it was a wet Sunday morning but the only word I could summon up to describe the place was 'dire.' Outdoor pool tables, roast beef and Yorkie pud, children's playgrounds and the Sunday tabloids just don't do it for me.

Short of forming an escape committee, the only way out was to drive as fast as I could to somewhere else but my efforts were foiled by the road sign guys.


As you can see, the only place to escape to was Santa Eulalia, whose very name adds 10 years to my age, but it seemed more inviting than Cala Llonga. The only problem was of course that the directions to the left were also accompanied by a 'no left turn' sign.

Help me!

No comments: