Friday 14 August 2009

As Seen On the Beach

I'm about to write an Ibiza news article about disabled access and facilities on San Antonio's beaches so I thought I'd go and take a few photos of the ramps from the promenade, across the beach and into the sea.

Braving searing temperatures, topless birds and the aroma of grilling bacon I managed to get the shots I needed to illustrate the article.


I also got this one of what must be the daftest novelty lilo yet produced. I'm old enough to remember when every lilo was oblong and blue on one side and red on the other. How technology has improved our lives eh?
These days judging by the number of tourists strolling nonchalently up the middle of Calle Es Calo in San Antonio Bay with a lilo tucked under their arm, then these nautical toys obviously also double as pedestrian air bags too!

1 comment:

Warren said...

I only mentioned to Judy how we had a blue on one side and red on the other lilo when I was a kid. I think they were rubberised canvas or something in those days? They were long lasting and you could use the bike puncture repair kit on them.
Ive now got a fantastic plastic one in military camoflage colours with "COMMANDER" printed in big letters on it. It´s had a slow puncture from day one though but should last a few more weeks.