Sunday 30 August 2009

Grumpy Old Men

You know it, the BBC series giving a voice to 35 to 54-year-old men, probably the grumpiest sector of society.

Whilst I still just qualify here are my today's grumps against society.

As read in some girls' magazine. 'I love his effortless style' referring to the photo of some film star wearing a V neck T and denim jeans. Come on girl, you don't need to be a rocket scientist or style guru to put on the first thing that comes to hand in a morning.

As seen in Syp for the first time ever. A price tag for asparagus. Shame it was over the baby garlic and not an asparagus in sight.

Plumbers. I had one run in yesterday, replace a toilet flusher, and run out 15 minutes later asking for one hour's labour plus another hour's labour call out charge. In total, the same as I get for 6 hours work.

My only consolation is that tens of thousands of people read what I write professionally, whilst his labours are only witnessed by arses.

1 comment:

Warren said...

Well you should have called Judy. She fixed our flusher. Mind you I don´t know if she would charge any less