Thursday 6 August 2009

Ibiza Summer Siesta Tips

Now that the Ibiza summer's well and truly upon us I've developed a habit of dropping off for a siesta in the afternoon. Sometimes, if I sleep too long, I feel worse than if I'd not slept at all.

What to do? Surrealist painter Salvador Dali (we've been to his museum in Figueres and his Jazz club in Cádaques) came up with the perfect solution. Obviously as he melted all his alarm clocks researching for his work 'The Persistence of Memory' he had to find some way of not sleeping too long at siesta time.

Dali and Federico Garcia Lorca in Cadaques


The idea he came up with was to sit in a chair with a spoon in his hand and as he drifted into the arms of Morpheus his grip on the spoon would relax, the spoon would hit the floor tiles and the clattering noise would wake him up, having had just enough sleep.

Dali's well used cutlery


Whether it would work for me, I'm not sure, as yesterday not even the washing machine jogging past on 1200 rpm woke me.

No comments: