Friday 2 April 2010

Good Friday:Ibiza

It's Good Friday today. A public holiday and one of the most sacred days in the Roman Catholic calendar. The shops are shut, the Town Hall is closed, and there are religious processions taking place around the island. Being British, I'm using my precious spare time to lay waste to the garden in preparation for the summer and to rid the pool of a layer of pine pollen. I've gone about this in a relatively quiet way, using only manual labour punctuated by the odd snip, snip, snip of the clippers. Take a look at work in progress



You may just be able to hear our neighbourhood jackass with a jackhammer who is now breaking tiles on my neighbour's porch and has been since 08.00 this morning. I'm expecting him round here tomorrow at about 7.30 to knock through my bedroom wall into the guest room.

No comments: