Tuesday 30 September 2008

Rocket Science: Ibiza

Here in ibiza, where as far as we're aware, Neil Armstrong still hasn't taken a giant leap for mankind, the expression ' rocket up your arse ' has no significance at all.


However, in my case 'rocket up your back passage' has all sorts of culinary connotations I'd never even dreamt of previously. Having spent the summer carefully cultivating the peppery salad leaves of rocket in my Vegetable Garden, I made an astonishing discovery whilst pulling 'weeds' out of the back passage to our house and garage yesterday.

Wild Rocket



Rocket grows wild! I could smell its peppery pungence as I pulled it out of the ground. Internet research tells me it's favoured by celebrity chefs and pretty soon it'll find it's way onto our table - probably in pesto form - as a free 'burst of flavour' accompaniment to our lunch.

For my American readers Arse = Ass and Rocket = Arrugula

No comments: