Sunday 18 January 2009

Rakin'n'pillagin'

In an effort to see some daylight in the garden I've spent the day plundering plants, hacking, chopping, pruning and sawing amidst cruel barbs and spikes ie the Bougainvillea and lemon tree!
Isn't it funny that no matter what country you're in, when you're doing a bit, be it cleaning the car, power hosing your drive, or pillaging your garden greenery, when one of your neighbours comes past they always say,

"Hey, come round ours after you've finished, we could do with our car cleaned (or whatever)"

I didn't have to wait long this morning before neighbour #1 said this. I greeted neighbour #2 with a cheery "You've gorrup then?" and he suggested I wear gloves. A suit of armour would've been better as I've had more pricks in my hands today than Elton John!

I've a long way to go yet but we can now see the garden wall and our lemon tree now lets in air and displays its bumper crop.

No comments: