Sunday 5 April 2009

Ibiza Trip Advisor

In the spirit of travel forums (fora?) I've just spent about €1600 on our next holiday without knowing a thing about the hotel or the place. I think I may have mentioned that it's our 30th anniversary together and our 25th wedding anniversary this year. In the spirit of couplehood, Jaki gave me an ultimatum to take her somewhere special that 'wasn't Spain again!'

So after mulling over Venice and Rome and their hyperinflationary prices for even NON alocholic drinks I decided to take my best girlie to somewhere at the other end of the cost scale - formerly fancy London town, capital of Poundland.

I'll be chucking money about like a Russian billionaire down Mayfair way when I change my week's Euro wages - providing the ale doesn't taste like cat pee any more, that is!

Anyway, back to the thread. I booked myself into the Kensington House Hotel purely because I liked the sound of the name Ken House (my dad's name is Ken) so in the Trip Advisor mode
Has anyone ever been to this hotel?
If I upgrade to All Inclusive can I booze after I've checked out?
Where's the best place to change money in London or is it better to change it here and what will the exchange rate be in October?
What is the weather forecast for October?
Is it better to buy tickets for the opera now on the internet, or will I get a better deal in a bar in Covent Garden?
Will anyone from Ibiza be in London at the same time as me?

No comments: