Monday 6 April 2009

Let There be Light

A sudden spate of lightbulb blowouts sent me to Ibiza's finest retail outlet SYP in Ses Paisses (I was going anyway) but to no avail as all the lightbulbs I needed weren't there - only the empty shelves.

I did manage to get some in Suma after a couple of weeks trying in SYP - one lasted a whole hour before blowing - so I wasn't that bothered when I noticed today that SYP STILL didn't have any lightbulbs.

However, now I know why. One of the members of staff had used them all up on a mighty lightbulb moment when deciding where to pin up the only copy of the new summer opening hours - on the sliding doors!

Yes, the sliding doors that slide open when you get within reading distance of them. So unless you have telescopic eyesight you'll have no idea when the place is open - not that it makes any difference if they're open or shut if it's lightbulbs (and most other things) you're after buying.

No comments: