Thursday 2 July 2009

Mallorca-London-Ibiza-London

Or Mal-lo-ib-don if I had pretensions to write for the Times!

Worramionabout? My new shoes, that's what.


You may know that we're going to England in October and I've already been fretting over what to pack. The thorny problem of shoes reared it's ugly head - wet winter conditions in the Yewkay in October will lead to my leather soled brogues just sucking up water from the flooded streets and probably leave me with a nasty case of trench foot again.

So what to do. First thought was a pair of Docs, but all the reviews on Amazon suggest that Thai manufacturers skimp on build quality and size. So I'm not buying without trying.

Amazon do Campers so I bought a pair. Made in Inca (think Warrington) in Mallorca, they're going all the way to Schuh HQ in fancy London town and then being posted out to me in Ibiza - a round trip of around 2000 miles to cover an as-the-crow-flies journey of around 100 miles. (guestimated figures)

Ironically, they're costing around €30 less than if I'd driven 13 km into Ibiza town to buy some in a shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have to say Stephen, they look like tweeny shoes!!! not very stylish.