Sunday 9 December 2007

Las Puertas del Cielo

The Gates of Heaven to you and me. Marli and I were out and about this morning around the Cala Salada, Ses Fontanelles and Santa Ines areas. It was a great day for walking, sunny with a fresh breeze so we never worked a sweat up.

I'll let the photos do the talking................


We found this Christmas tree - full of little decorations hanging from its branches - in the woods by the roadside. Marli has a penchant for chewing pine cones but I didn't let her get her chops round these.

Then on past some typical Ibby houses, this one has an enormous lavender garden.

Carrying on, we soon arrived at taxi driver Jordi's bar which sits atop massive vertiginous cliffs with nothing stopping the view to the mainland (though we couldn't see it today) The smell of food was enticing enough for me, so goodness knows how Marli felt with her appetite whetted by delicious pine cones.


That delicious looking Asadura is a lamb's offal fry up - everything goes in, heart, liver, lungs - so vegetarians beware. Anyway, why is Jordi's bar known as The Gates of Heaven?

Because this is the view



On our way home we came across someone who obviously couldn't wait to get there..........


Thankfully I had my 'CarCam' mounted on the bonnet to capture the moment!

No comments: