Thursday 13 December 2007

Spy v Spy

I've been in that state of marital bliss known in Spain as 'de Rodrígez' this week. That's when Sr. Rodríguez used to send his wife and kids away for the summer holidays whilst he remained home drinking beer and not watching 'Strictly Come Dancing.'

As Jaki is at this moment awaiting her connection in Palma (Trafford Centre - Palma - Ibiza) I thought I'd tickle the house up with a duster. As I was walking by the vacuum cleaner I noticed that someone had carefully placed a long strawberry blonde strand of hair on it. I suddenly remembered that James Bond film where someone had done exactly the same (though it was an easily spotted black hair) on a door. If the hair moved, the door had been opened.

Well I'm not so dumb. I carefully left the hair in exactly the same position on the vacuum cleaner so that whoever put it there will know that the Vac hasn't been touched!

Hah! that'll fool'em...........................

Footnote. Jaki rang not so long since to say how happy she is to be back in the land of efficiency and excellent customer service that is Spain. Arriving just in time to get the earlier flight than she was booked on she asked the check in girl to book her on it. Rushing the 4 miles to the boarding gate she was pleased to find that the girl had booked her onto the flight she already had a reservation for. You've got to love them, haven't you?

No comments: