Saturday 28 November 2009

New Hobby

I've got a great new hobby that involves one of my lifelong interests and keeps me occupied all day and doesn't cost me a penny. It's called bidding for designer classic clothes on Ebay.

No matter how long I leave it to put in a bid for something I really, really want, and no matter how few seconds are left in the auction, someone always pips me to the post. Yes, some nerd with IT experience and a programme to outbid everyone by 20 pence always wins.

The funny thing is, and anyone who's ever worked in an office will concur, that the iron law of office work is that the level of interest in IT is inversely proportional to that person's appearance.

Let's face it, you don't need to make much of an effort dressing up for downloading a few cult classics like 'Gummo' to your laptop in the middle of the night.

So all things being equal this super coat I'm gagging to buy will end up in a darkened bedroom within the next week or two......


As usual, there's a quiz for the old'uns. Who designed it?

No comments: