Monday 9 November 2009

Pretty Boy Floyd

More alert readers of this blog will have cottoned onto the fact that we've got a new dog called Floyd. He's a sweet, gentle lad who, judging by the pads of hard skin on his elbows, hasn't done much in his life other than lie on hard ground.

He did let the family name down this morning when he acted just like a girlie in the face of dog groomer Trish the Dish's nail clippers. Having lost his 70's style nails he can now put his paws on the ground and is walking better, though not fast enough to outrun me, even with my gammy knee.

Here he is in the front field (it's a video)


On the subject of gammy knees, the national health hospital rang me today. Their waiting list is really long, so would I mind having the op for my torn cartilage in the super luxury private hospital within the next few weeks.

Whilst I'd prefer to hobble around in pain for the next 4 or 5 months, I said yes, I'd help them out by going private and getting it 'out of the way' quickly.

No comments: