Sunday 29 November 2009

SYP Snipers

I reckon someone in Ibiza, probably in Ses Paisses, Can Tomas or San Antonio has got hold of some of that 'sniper' software that keeps me from buying anything I want.

On Friday I only needed three things from SYP (in Ses Paisses, between Can Tomas and San An); firelighters, bread and hygienic kitchen wipes. Some sniper had obviously just run in, moments before I got there, and denuded the shelves of all of those items (bar one ripped packet of firelighters which I bought rather than go cold on Friday evening.)

This same person has done this trick for the last 4 weeks in the case of the hygienic kitchen wipes as I haven't seen one packet for at least a month there!

Still, at least this Friday the one cash desk that was open for checkout was the one where the credit card machine was working!

And on a happier note you remember how I've been making a 30 kilometre round trip to buy water for our kettle from the 'well' in San Rafael? Well it transpires that there's a similar 'well' just 500 metres from our house that I could have been using all along.



You can imagine how I laughed when Warren, a mere tiler and follower of this blog, told me. If it weren't for all those bloody trees in the photo above, you'd be able to see it midway between our house and the Renault garage on the main road.

1 comment:

Warren said...

You're welcome.