Wednesday 23 July 2008

Ibiza Tango Joint

Lamb kebabs and tango (the dance not the drink) were on the agenda last night. Pep the butcher was in fine form, completely agreeing with my proposal to buy a lamb leg joint, bone it and cube it.



Me'n'Pep off duty from our normal customer/butcher roles

Pep really knows what he's doing and with a couple of lightning fast incisions with a razor sharp knife (whilst holding a conversation with someone over the other side of the shop) a quick twist and the shin bone, knee and thigh bone came out at right angles with merely a sharp intake of breath.

'Anything else?' he asked.

'You couldn't have a look at the anterior cruciate ligaments in my left knee, could you? They're not half giving me gyp today,' I joked.

Four fabulous BBQ'd lamb kebabs later I hobbled up to Raco Verd for some hot Gaucho passion straight from the steaming streets of Buenos Aires in the fortnightly Tango show.

My chaps weren't half in a flap watching the dancers' flailing legs and knees at right angles, however it wasn't the thought of Strictly Come Dancings' Flavia that had me all hot and bothered, I just kept picturing Joe Theisman's career ending leg break in '85.

Anyway, after a couple of pints, Jaki and I took to the floor to show them how it was done...................here we are below

No comments: