Thursday 17 July 2008

Sweating in Santa Eulalia

Well, who wouldn't be after a visit to the sauna? Well, not me, because after driving all the way over to the other side of Ibiza to luxuriate the lunch hour away at Magdalena's, I found out that they close for lunch. Like you do when you're involved in the leisure sector of the economy, you wouldn't want any pesky customers turning up in their free time - lunch time, Saturday afternoon or all day Sunday - using your facilities.

As you can see from their modern, minimalist website, it's uncluttered by information regarding times and prices. So when I arrived unknowing, I must have had that look of gobsmacked wonderment I should have lost years ago, through overuse, on this island.

Mentioning how staggered I was that they were closed, the sympathetic receptionist said that the opening times were on their price list, which unhelpfully for those that live more than 3 metres from reception, was stuck on the wall behind her.

'We'll be open at four,' she proffered. 'I won't be here then,' quoth I with the mere prospect of spending a couple of hours in Ibiza's dullest domicile already adding several years to my age.

I'll just have to make do with my regular bath a week on Friday.

No comments: