Wednesday 9 July 2008

It's a Small World

Even though Ibiza is one of the world's largest islands, amazing coincidences still crop up here. For example meeting someone for the first time and discovering that you also know one of their 58 cousins...............

Any road, I was in Raco Verd the other Saturday on my way to La Ruta, when in conversation with a bloke at the bar it transpired that he had made his decsion to holiday in a villa in San Jose after reading an article I wrote several years ago for Ibiza Spotlight. He said that it sounded such a great place that he booked immediately and wasn't disappointed by the village.

here's the article San Jose

And here's the dry stone wallers at work.

On the same subject, Raco Verd's landlord and landlady Sam and Clare, once told me that when considering taking on the bar, their internet research had led them to several articles I wrote. Here's one, a snippet from the easyJet inflight magazine

"Live Music [view all listings]
Raco Verd (Plaza Iglesia, San Jose. Tel. 971 800 267) This bar is so intimate that you sit next to the keyboard player during Saturday night's jazz sessions. On Thursday evenings there's rock and blues music, with flamenco on Fridays."

And finally, despite my constant advice to the old woman about never listening to strangers at bus stops, somebody (a total stranger) told me that the pizza at La Ruta (where I'd never been before) was fab, so i went, and it was!

No comments: